Trusted Choice is a national brand representing 140,000 Licensed Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America.
Independent Insurance Agents vs. Captive Agents
There are two primary types of insurance agents, either “captive” agents who are employed by one insurance company, or Independent Insurance Agents, such as Strong Tower Insurance Group, who have the flexibility to source from a variety of reputable national or local providers.
A captive agent represents limited product choices and pricing structures, and must work within the underwriting guidelines of the parent company, limiting the variety of risks that are covered. A captive agent may also be required by the parent company to sell other products that a client may not need, such as life insurance or annuities. Seeking advice from a captive agent could in up costing a consumer more money and leaving them under insured when they need it most.
An independent agent does not represent just one insurance company, but rather many different types of carriers, and is able to offer the consumer a broader choice of coverage options and multiple price quotes for each specific insurance need. An independent insurance agency will also evaluate the financial stability of each carrier company with which they form a relationship to further protect your assets and loved ones should disaster strike.
A Person is NOT a Policy
Strong Tower Insurance Group is proud to be associated with the Trusted Choice Insurance Agents. As Trusted Choice independent agents we are committed to treating you as a person, not a policy and our pledge is to:
- work with you to identify the insurance and financial services that are right for you, your family or your business and use our access to multiple companies to deliver those products
- guide you through the claims process for a prompt and fair resolution of your claim
- help you solve problems related to your coverage or account
- explain the coverages and options available to you
- return your phone calls and emails promptly and to respond to your requests in a timely manner
- provide 24/7 services for our customers, offering any or all of the following: emergency phone numbers, internet account access, and email
- use our experience and multiple company relationships to customize your coverage as needed
- commit our staff to continuing education so they may be more knowledgable in serving you
- treat you with respect and courtesy
- conduct our business in an ethical manner
Well-Trained & Knowledgeable
A well-trained and knowledgeable independent insurance agent will understand the complexities of insurance law and the insurance market, and will build relationships with a number of insurance carriers of good standing. Having the freedom to represent multiple carriers, and not be “captive” to just one company, allows the agent to match their client’s needs to the appropriate products; and with their expertise, an independent agent will offer advice on the appropriate amount of insurance coverage for a client’s particular needs.